English language support
If you need support to develop your English language, your faculty runs specialised programs. Email them directly to find out more:
- Health Sciences: EnglishSupportHS@curtin.edu.au
- Science & Engineering: EnglishFSE@curtin.edu.au
- Humanities: Englishum@curtin.edu.au
- Business & Law: AcademicCommunicationDevelopment@curtin.edu.au
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies: Cas.email@example.com
Curtin’s online programs may be of assistance for developing your English language skills:
We also recommend the following development sites and programs:
- English Grammar Guide
- University English for academic purposes (UEFAP)
- Grammarly online
- Cambridge English Language MOOC
- English Grammar
You can also book into our academic skills workshops on UniHub.
Improve your conversational English
CHAtS, short for Conversational Help and Support, is a program for international students who want to improve their English to help with their studies and adjustment to life in Australia. The program is a practical way you can improve your conversational English in an informal setting. It’s attended by mainly English as a second language (ESL) students, and develops English skills through fun, conversation-based activities.
Perth Campus students: email Curtin Volunteers! at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalgoorlie Campus students: come along to our CHAtS sessions outside the WASM Library on Wednesdays 12.30pm to 1.30pm during semester.