Group programs and workshops
We run free workshops, courses and support groups to help you with a range of topics, including stress, anxiety, sleep, mindfulness and more. Please note these programs are for current Curtin students only.
Program and workshop information
ADHD 101 – Introduction
If you have never attended a Curtin ADHD support group start here. Each session runs in 2-hours blocks on a fortnightly basis, and can be offered face-to-face and online.
- Meet other students with ADHD.
- Discuss ADHD-related coping barriers and strategies.
- Recognise your unique ADHD-related skills and strengths.
- Debunk ADHD myths.
ADHD 102 – Support
This is the second Curtin ADHD support group. Only attend if you have already attended the ADHD 101 support group. Each session runs in 2-hours blocks on a fortnightly basis, and can offered face-to-face and online.
- Learn practical skills to manage the demands of university as a person with ADHD.
ADHD 103 – ACTion for ADHD
This is the third Curtin ADHD support group. Only attend if you have already attended the ADHD 101 – Introduction and ADHD 102 – support groups. Each session runs in 2-hours blocks on a weekly basis for 8 weeks, and is only offered face-to-face.
- Commit to an 8 week program.
- Learn Acceptance and Commitment Therapy principles (ACT; Steven Hayes).
- Use the ACT principles to practice changing your relationship to your thoughts, feelings and other internal experiences so you can focus on creating a meaningful life for yourself.
- Take the knowledge you acquire from this 8 week programs and apply the skills in your everyday life.
Anxiety Skills group
Each session runs in 90-minute blocks on a fortnightly basis, and is offered face-to-face and online.
- Develop better self-regulation skills
- Learn practical skills in calming down your mind and body to help you better manage the demands of student life.
|ADHD 101 - Introduction||Full|
|ADHD 102 - Support||Full|
|Brief Anxiety Skills Group (ASG-3)||14th - 28th September||10.00 am - 11.30 am|
|Brief Anxiety Skills Group (ASG-3)||6th - 20th October||9.30 am - 11.00 am|
|Rethinking Stress||Tuesday 21st of September||9.30 am - 11.30 am||Online|