Workshops & support groups
At Counselling Services we run free workshops, courses and support groups to help you with a range of topics, including stress, anxiety, sleep, mindfulness and more. (Please note: These programs are for current Curtin students only.) Download the Group Program for Semester 2 2019.
- ADHD Support Group: Meet with other students with ADHD to discuss barriers you may be facing and how to overcome them. Please note this group is fully booked.
- Anxiety Skills Group: A 10-session group aimed at helping you better manage stress and anxiety. Please note this group is fully booked.
- Introduction to Anxiety Skills: This 2-session program is designed to provide participants with some basic tools to manage their anxiety. Note there is also an on-line introduction to anxiety skills.
- Freeze Up, Freak Out or Fail: A workshop aimed at assisting you to survive your prac placements.
- Exam Anxiety Online: If you’re sick of doing well through semester but bombing out on exams, enter here.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression and Anxiety: A 8-week group for students wishing to develop new skills to use with depression/anxiety.
- Mindfulness and Compassion On-Line Webinar: A 9-week online webinar that teaches the essential principles and techniques of mindfulness and compassion.
- Day of Mindfulness: Former graduates and current participants of Mindfulness-Based Programs experience a full day of mindfulness and compassion.
- Mindfulness and Self-Compassion: Discover how to treat yourself with the kindness you usually reserve for other people.
- Mindfulness Lunch-Time Meditations: Drop in every day to practice mindfulness meditation.
- HSP: Movie and Q&A: In this workshop we will screen Sensitive: The movie and following this will be a 30 minute Q&A session.
- Rethinking Stress: This 2.5-hour workshop from Stanford University offers a surprising new view of stress, including the ways in which stress can benefit us and how we can make the most of these benefits.
Students with special requirements
If you have any specific access or alternative format requirements due to a disability or medical condition, please advise us as soon as possible so we can accommodate you.