Counselling & guidance

Our wellbeing services support you at a range of levels, from answering your questions about navigating the campus and settling into university life, to providing you with counselling, resources and advice during crises and other stressful situations. Be assured our services are confidential and free for all Curtin students.

Which service do you need?

See which service might be best placed to help you:

Psychological and Counselling Services (PACS)

Our counsellors provide one-on-one therapy sessions and group programs to help you deal with any issues affecting your life, study or mental health. They can also provide support letters if you have psychological reasons to need alternative study arrangements such as assignment extensions, study load reductions, fee refunds and exam deferrals.

Student Wellbeing Advisory Service

Our student wellbeing advisors are the first port of call to answer your questions about university and assist with any study or personal problem. Often they’ll be able to help fix your problem right away, and if not, they’ll be able to refer you to the right place.

Social workers at Curtin

Our social workers, also known as social support advisors, can assist you in developing practical strategies to help cope with and overcome challenges in any aspect of your life. This can include issues with finances, relationships or housing, or extracting yourself from stressful or dangerous personal circumstances.

Guild Student Assist

Student Assist is the support and advocacy service of the Curtin Student Guild. It offers advice on personal, financial or academic issues, including matters to do with appeals, terminations, academic misconduct, disciplinary measures, and any other issues where you need independent advice.

Still not sure which service you need?

Contact our student wellbeing advisors, who will be happy to point you in the right direction.