Culture and communication
Are you interested in helping others with their basic English skills or would you like to help school age children with their homework? Our culture and communication volunteering programs make a real difference.
Our vital CHAtS programs help people cope with their studies and adjust to life in Australia, and are:
- Held at Curtin’s Perth and Kalgoorlie Campuses (CHAtS Perth and CHAtS Kalgoorlie), in conjunction with Curtin English (CHAtS ELICOS) and in the Town Victoria Park (CHAtS Town of Victoria Park)
- Attended by mainly ESL (English as a second language) students
- Designed to develop English skills through fun, conversation-based activities
Volunteering to help
All you need is a good grasp of spoken English in order to make a real contribution.
If you or someone you know would like help with conversational English, please complete our online form.
Our much-valued Homework Help tutoring program:
- Assists school-age children from Somali and Kenyan heritage with their homework. For the most part their parents are not schooled here, so our assistance is valuable.
- Covers a variety of subject areas so there will definitely be something to suit your expertise
- Set in a casual environment