Our Student Ambassador program is a great opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills by sharing your university experiences with prospective students. You’ll have the chance to get involved with Curtin’s marketing events, activities and projects, and to network with your peers.
Who can be a Student Ambassador?
You’re encouraged to apply if you’re passionate about your student experience and excited about representing Curtin at recruitment events and activities. You must also be a current, enrolled Curtin student with relevant university life experience. The program is not available to online or OUA students.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development in an encouraging and challenging environment.
- Receive official recognition of your participation through the Curtin Extra Certificate.
- Develop your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Become a more confident public speaker.
- Be part of a diverse and motivated team, working with students from across all areas of Curtin.
- A chance to improve your employability. Looks great on your résumé!
- Be an official representative of Curtin University.
- Gain social and academic networking opportunities with fellow students and Curtin staff.
- Become part of an Alumni network of 200+ Student Ambassadors from over 10 years of the program.
Where appropriate, you’ll share your personal, positive perspective on the Curtin experience, and provide helpful tips to prospective students about the transition from school to university.
You’ll participate and assist in a minimum of 20 events, activities or projects. Events may include speaking and leading at on- and off-campus group visits, Q&A panels and Open Day.
Training and orientation
New Student Ambassadors must take part in a training session and orientation workshop. This helps you integrate into the program, meet your fellow Student Ambassadors, and understand the role.
The Student Ambassadors program is two semesters in duration.
If you commence the program in Semester 1, you will have until November of the same year to complete. If you commence the program in Semester 2, you will have until July the following year to complete.
Specific program deadlines are provided upon acceptance.
How to apply
Applications for semester 1 2020 are now closed.
If you’re interested in applying for the Semester 2 2020 Student Ambassador program, please submit an expression of interest to the Student Ambassador team: firstname.lastname@example.org