Design Your Curtin Experience
Deciding what to do during your time at uni can be overwhelming. Design Your Curtin Experience (DYCE) is designed to help you get the most out your Curtin experience.
DYCE helps you design a more fulfilling and customised university experience by sharing practical design thinking tools and ideas, introducing foundational leadership and career development, and exploring opportunities and supports available to enhance your time at Curtin.
The program consists of ten modules, which can be completed as face-to-face workshops, online modules, or a combination of the two.
Modules topics include:
- Self Awareness
- Future of Work
- Leadership 101
- Time And Energy Management
- Decision Making
- Career Planning
- Goal Setting
- Design Thinking
- Design Your Curtin Extra
- Getting To Know Your Industry
Each modules takes approximately 2 hours. Total program commitment is 20 hours.
This program is aimed at first year students, but can be completed at any time of your degree. The program commences at the start of each semester, and runs for a period of 12 months.
If you commence the program in Semester 1, you will have until November of the same year to complete it. If you commence the program in Semester 2, you will have until July the following year to complete it.
Specific program deadlines are provided upon registration.
On completion of the DYCE program, you will have had the opportunity to:
- develop strategies for navigating campus life and designing your own unique university experience
- engage in foundational leadership and career development
- build awareness of development opportunities across Curtin
- build confidence in accessing support, as well as personal and professional development beyond the classroom
- meet other likeminded students from across campus
- receive recognition of your participation via Curtin Extra