Apply for short programs

Four students watching the sunset over the city

“The program opened my eyes to new friendships, new opportunities, and new self-discovery”

Jaz Baker, graphic design and photography student.

How to apply:

All students studying within the Faculty of Business and Law need to apply through the FBL Student Engagement Office. Please contact them at or visit their website for more information. All other students must follow the steps below.

  1. Select the program you want to participate in. Some programs will have application deadlines, so check these dates carefully.
  2. Seek approval from your course coordinator by completing the Study Plan Proposal Form [.pdf 176KB].
    If you are applying for credit in place of electives you will still need to have this approved by your course coordinator.

    • Some providers require that you apply for their program before you apply for credit.
  3. You can now complete your Go Global Short Term & Study Abroad Application Form online.Within the application, you will be asked to upload a completed copy of your study plan proposal (if you are seeking credit) and a current scanned copy of your passport*

    Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be assessed and you will be advised via your Curtin student email on the outcome of your application. We recommend that you submit this documentation as early as possible.

  4. Don’t forget that when you return from the program, to receive to credit you will need to submit your official transcript and marking key to

Please note: Some winter/summer programs at Curtin’s partner universities may be available to students on an exchange basis. If you are nominated for a short-term exchange place, you will not pay tuition fees to the partner university, you will enrol in Curtin units for the approved academic credit. Please be advised that short term exchange places may not always be available.  If an exchange place is not available you can still apply for a direct place.  If you participate in a direct place, you will pay tuition fees directly to the host organisation. You must find out the costs of the program before applying by contacting the host or Curtin Abroad directly. 

∗To travel internationally a passport is required. If you don’t travel overseas regularly, you may discover that your passport has expired or is due to expire while you are away. If you are currently applying or renewing a passport, please submit it once you have your valid document. If you hold more than one passport you may wish to submit a copy of both.