Below are the forms and resources to prepare for fieldwork and ensure compliance with Curtin’s fieldwork policies and procedures regarding risk, occupational safety and health, travel, legal arrangements and insurance.
Fieldwork forms and resources
Your Fieldwork Coordinator may request that you complete the following checklist before commencing your fieldwork activity. Please return this checklist to your Fieldwork Coordinator.
A Fieldwork Agreement is negotiated between Curtin and partners who host students on a placement or industry-based project. Examples of templates are provided below. The templates may be edited according to the particular context.
Unit coordinators, fieldwork coordinators, staff and students must complete a fieldwork risk assessment [.xlsx] before commencing fieldwork, to determine the level of risk associated with the activity.
Certificates of Currency cover staff and students undertaking approved fieldwork activities for personal accident, public liability and professional indemnity where appropriate.
Check your course guide for appropriate security clearances prior to fieldwork.
The forms below are useful for staff and students preparing for fieldwork overseas.
- Accommodation and Site Safety Assessment [.pdf]
- Communication Plan for International Fieldwork [.pdf]
- Emergency Contacts [.doc]
- Fitness to Travel Medical Certificate (website)
- Host Organisation Detail of Work Placement Form [.pdf]
- Host Site Induction Checklist [.pdf]
- Staff International Fieldwork Preparation Checklist [.pdf]
- Staff International Fieldwork Spreadsheet [.xlsx]
- Student International Fieldwork Checklist [.pdf]
- Student Travel Approval Form (website)
For information and examples of Fieldwork agreements with international host organisations, contact Sonia Ferns: firstname.lastname@example.org