Curtin Extra recognises your participation in approved co-curricular programs, allowing you to combine a diverse range of experiences with opportunities to develop your skills.
You might join a program because it is an area of personal interest, relevant to your degree or a step towards your future career. Curtin Extra provides evidence of your achievement in these programs though the Curtin Extra Certificate.
Why should I get involved?
- Obtain official recognition for your participation in approved co-curricular programs
- Develop your set of transferable skills to complement your academic achievements
- Expand your social and professional networks
- Make a positive impact on your community
- Use your Curtin Extra Certificate as a tool to articulate your skills and experiences to potential employers
What do I get?
You will receive the Curtin Extra Certificate as part of your graduation documents, which is issued under the authority of the Academic Registrar at Curtin University.
Prior to graduation, you can view and print your Curtin Extra eRecord on OASIS.
How do I start?
Your experience at Curtin will be unique to you, so you can tailor your Curtin Extra to reflect this. You can participate in more than one program, taking into account your course load and other commitments.
With a broad range of programs available to you throughout your degree, get started on your Curtin Extra journey today.
Important information for current participants
Due to the unforeseen cancellation and/or postponement of program activities in this time period, we are providing support and flexibility for our students who commenced their Curtin Extra journey as outlined below:
Current Student Timeframes
- If you completed the Semester 2 2019 start form, you have until 30 November 2020 to complete hours, modules and reflection (if applicable)
Semester 1 2020 Participants
- If you complete all Curtin Extra requirements within your program, you will be granted recognition at the end of this semester (as normal)
- If your approved logbook hours meets at least 80% of the tier requirement (Tier 1 = 16hrs, Tier 2 = 28hrs, Tier 3 = 56hrs) AND all other requirements met, you will be granted Curtin Extra recognition under the exceptional circumstances clause (Curtin Extra Procedure 2.2.10)
- If your approved logbook hours are below 80% of the tier requirement, you will be given an additional semester to complete your Curtin Extra requirements. This means your new deadline to complete is 30 June 2021.
- If you are graduating this semester AND your approved logbook hours are below the 80% tier requirement, you can submit an appeal through your program coordinator. Appeals will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Semester 2 2020 Participants
No changes to existing requirements at this time. We will review this again at the end of this semester and update you if there are any changes.