Changing your details
While you are studying at Curtin it is important to keep your personal details up to date. Out of date information may affect how we contact you, your fee liability or your academic records.
To update your formal name with Curtin University you will need to:
- Complete a change of personal details form.
- Provide required original or certified documentation. A list of acceptable supporting documents can be found on the form.
- Submit the form and supporting documentation to Curtin Connect through our online web enquiry form.
To change your preferred name contact Curtin Connect. No supporting documentation is required.
If you are studying via Open Universities Australia you will need to change your details in My Study Centre.
Curtin systems allow for identification as M (male), F (female), or X (indeterminate/unspecified/intersex). No supporting documentation is required.
To change your gender details contact Curtin Connect.
Changing your details with the University will not automatically change your details with government agencies and could lead to delays in services with agencies whilst verifications take place. For example, Centrelink student support payments may be interrupted if name and gender records do not match at both the University and Centrelink. Please carefully consider any potential consequences of not changing your personal details with all government agencies you deal with.
To change your citizenship or visa status you will need to:
- Complete a change of citizenship / visa status form.
- Provide original or certified copies of your citizenship certificate or visa and the front page of your passport (photo page). Refer to the requirements and guidelines for scanned or certified copies of originals for further information.
- Submit your form and supporting documentation to Curtin Connect.
It is important that your residency status is accurate as this affects your fee liability. Requests must be lodged before the census date to be effective for the study period.
For further information on domestic and international course fees visit the fees and charges page.
If you are changing your residency status from international student to a domestic student you may need to complete an electronic Commonwealth Assistance form (eCAF).
Curtin keeps a record of your cultural details. To check what information is recorded for you, go to eStudent > My Details > Cultural Details.
The information includes your main language and if you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
To request a change to the details we have on record, you can contact Curtin Connect.
If you are in receipt of a scholarship you will need to ensure your bank details are kept up to date.
Your payments are managed within a finance system called Concur which is available from OASIS > Scholarship payments.
When in Concur go to Expense Settings > Bank Information.
For detailed instructions please contact the Scholarships Office.