Student details and ID
Your student identification (ID), also called your Curtin ID or student ID, is your eight digit student number. You will find this on your letter of offer or any official correspondence.
You need your student number:
- to activate your OASIS account after enrolment
- on all assignments and examinations
- on all correspondence with Curtin
- to use University Library digital services.
Curtin University identification card
You will need to have an ID card if you are studying on a campus in Australia or if you are an external student visiting campus.
Your ID card identifies you as a member of the Curtin community and enables you to access certain buildings and services on Campus.
You must have a card to:
- enter the majority of buildings and labs on campus
- attend university examinations
- identify who you are
- access library borrowing services
- obtain a “Student 20xx” sticker
Your ID card shows your photo, name, student number and library barcode. Your student sticker will be placed on the back of your card.
You can order your Curtin student ID card online through OASIS via the following steps:
- Log into OASIS
- Click on the Campus Life & Guild tab
- Click on the FastTrack ID card icon
- Follow the instructions to upload your photo and a copy of acceptable photo identification.
All photographs must be original, unedited and meet the following criteria to be accepted:
- Plain, light-coloured background (e.g. white, cream)
- Appropriate brightness and contrast
- Consistent lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Clear and sharply focused image
- Photo of head and shoulders only
- Your face must be looking straight at the camera, not tilted sideways or up or down
- Your face must be centred and the top and edges of your head visible
- Not show any shadows or red eye
- Have no ink or other marks on photo
- The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering
- You can smile if you want to.
- No alterations or filter enhancements applied.
If you wear a head covering for religious reasons we are happy to accommodate your photo at Curtin Connect.
The following items are considered acceptable forms of identification for you to obtain your Student ID:
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- National identity card
If you do not have any of the above forms of documentation you must provide two forms of secondary documentation from the list below:
- Medicare card
- Bank card (credit/debit or EFTPOS)
- Birth certificate/extract
- Marriage certificate
- Payment summary/group certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- ID card issued by another educational institution
- Health care, social security or pension card
- Public Service employee ID card
- Other licence issued under Australian law (e.g. boat, pilot)
- Private health insurance card (e.g. Medibank Private, HBF)
- Divorce decree
- Utilities bill (e.g. electricity, gas)
Your Student ID card is provided for your personal use only.
You must not allow any other person to use your card.
If your card is lost or stolen you should report it as soon as possible so that it can be deactivated.