Higher degree by research Orientation
The Orientation Session for higher degree by research (HDR) students (doctoral and masters by research) sets the scene for research study at Curtin and includes hints for surviving your first year. We recommend you also attend other activities being offered around the university so you get familiar with the campus, your specific school/department and key areas such as the library.
HDR Students – Orientation Semester 1, 2021
Date: TBA, Feb 2021, 9.00am – 12.30pm
Presenters: Various, led by the Associate DVC, Research Excellence.
Register: Registration will be available from January, via UniHub (search HDR Orientation)
The session includes presentations from the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training, experienced supervisors, the Library, Curtin Careers, Employment, and Leadership; the Curtin Institute for Computation; and the Student Guild (the Postgraduate Students’ Committee).
HDR orientation resources
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to you and your supervisor, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for your progress. The Orientation handouts and links below will also give you easy access to important information.
- Overview of HDR process HDR Orientation S2 2020 [.pptx 2,167KB]
- Student experience by Lelinh Loug [.pdf 42,227KB]
- Research Integrity HDR Orienttion S2 2020 [.pdf 2,678KB]
- Post Entry Language Assessment HDR Orientation S2 2020 [.pptx 149KB]
- CIC Computation services HDR Orientation S2 2020 (on Cloudstore) [.pdf 119,747KB]
- Copyright SV Induction S2 2020 [.pdf 2,940KB]
- Careers and Leadership HDR Orientation S2 2020 [.pdf 6,061KB]
- Library Resources S2 2020 [.pdf 2,383KB]
- Library GRASP workshops HDR Orientation S2 2020 [.pdf 2,585KB]
- Research Data Management HDR Orientation S2 2020 [.pdf 2,791KB]
- Guild and PSC HDR Presentation S2 2020 [.pdf 42,679KB]