Higher degree by research Orientation
The Orientation Session for higher degree by research (HDR) students (doctoral and masters by research) sets the scene for research study at Curtin and includes hints for surviving your first year. We recommend you also attend other activities being offered around the university so you get familiar with the campus, your specific school/department and key areas such as the library.
HDR Students – Orientation Semester 2
Date: Thursday 25 July, 8.45am – 12.30pm, Building 402, Room 220
Presenters: Various, led by the Dean, Graduate Research School.
Register: Registrations will open in June on UniHub (search ‘HDR Students’ to find the session)
The session includes presentations from the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training, experienced supervisors, the Library, Curtin Careers, Employment and Leadership; the Curtin Institute for Computation and the Student Guild (the Postgraduate Students’ Committee).
HDR orientation resources
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to you and your supervisor, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for your progress. The Orientation handouts and links below will also give you easy access to important information.
- HDR Orientation Program S1 2019 [.pdf 512kB]
- 01 Overview of HDR process – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 625kB]
- 02 Copyright HDR – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 876kB]
- 03 Careers Support – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 6,012kB]
- 04 Library – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 3,064kB]
- 04 Writing Support Library – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 567kB]
- 05 Research Data Management – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 2,620kB]
- 06 CIC – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 3,368kB]
- 07 Supervisor Reflections – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 1,115kB]
- 08 Research Integrity – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 1,370kB]
- 09 PGSC Guild – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 2,469kB]
- 10 John de Laeter Centre Research Facilities – HDR Orientation S1 2019 [.pdf 3,772kB]