Higher degree by research Orientation
The Orientation Session for higher degree by research (HDR) students (doctoral and masters by research) sets the scene for research study at Curtin and includes hints for surviving your first year. We recommend you also attend other activities being offered around the university so you get familiar with the campus, your specific school/department and key areas such as the library.
HDR Students – Orientation Semester 1 2020
Date: Thursday 20 February, 8.45am – 12.30pm, Building 402, Room 220
Presenters: Various, led by the Dean, Graduate Research School.
Register: Registration is via UniHub
The session includes presentations from the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training, experienced supervisors, the Library, Curtin Careers, Employment and Leadership; the Curtin Institute for Computation and the Student Guild (the Postgraduate Students’ Committee).
HDR orientation resources
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to you and your supervisor, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for your progress. The Orientation handouts and links below will also give you easy access to important information.
- HDR Orientation Program S2 2019 [.doc 697 kB]
- 01 Overview of HDR process – HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pptx 2,278 kB]
- 03 Research Integrity HDR Orientation S2019 [.pdf 1,442kB]
- 04 CIC HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pdf 4,070kB]
- 05 Copyright HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pptx 2,940kB]
- 06 Careers Support CCEL HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pdf 4,356 kB]
- 07A Faculty Librarians HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pdf 2,557 kB]
- 07B Library GRASP training HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pptx 2,144kB]
- 08 Research Data Management HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pdf 2,791 kB]
- 09 Guild and PSC HDR Orientation S2 2019 [.pdf 2,472 kB]