Higher degree by research Orientation
The Orientation Session for higher degree by research (HDR) students (doctoral and masters by research) sets the scene for research study at Curtin and includes hints for surviving your first year. We recommend you also attend other activities being offered around the university so you get familiar with the campus, your specific school/department and key areas such as the library.
HDR Students – Orientation Semester 1 2020
Date: Thursday 20 February, 8.45am – 12.30pm, Building 402, Room 220
Presenters: Various, led by the Dean, Graduate Research School.
Register: Registration is via UniHub
The session includes presentations from the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training, experienced supervisors, the Library, Curtin Careers, Employment and Leadership; the Curtin Institute for Computation and the Student Guild (the Postgraduate Students’ Committee).
HDR orientation resources
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to you and your supervisor, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for your progress. The Orientation handouts and links below will also give you easy access to important information.
- HDR Orientation Program S1 2020 [.doc 135KB]
- 01 Overview of HDR process HDR Orientation S1 2020 [.pptx 1,486KB]
- 02 Making the most of your HDR by Lelinh Loug [.pdf 7,454 KB]
- 03 HDR Orientation Day C3 Project – February 20th 2020 [.pdf 3,025KB]
- 04 Research Integrity HDR Orienttion S1 2020 [.pdf 1,051KB]
- 05 CIC Computation services HDR Orienttion S1 2020 (on Cloudstore)[.pdf 110,284kB]
- 06 Copyright SV Induction S1 2020 [.pdf 1,193KB]
- 07 Careers and Leadership HDR Orientation S1 2020 [.pdf 6,613KB]
- 08 Library S1 2020 [.pdf 5,866 KB]
- 08B Library GRASP workshops HDR Orientation S1 2020 [.pdf 739KB]
- 09 Research Data Management HDR Orientation S1 2020 [.pdf 2,816KB]
- 10 Guild and PSC HDR Presentation S1 2020 [.pdf 3,873KB]