When you enrol in your units in eStudent you may also need to register for classes such as lectures and tutorials.
If you are new to your course you will be guided through this process as you progress through Get Started.
If you are studying online or externally you will not need to register for classes.
The information provided below will give you an idea of what you can expect or guide you if you experience any problems with your class registration.
You may be unable to register for a class due to the following reasons:
- You are not enrolled in the unit or enrolled in a different study period. You can check your current enrolment under the My Enrolment tab in eStudent.
- Class registration is not open for the study period you are trying to register for. Check your Official Communications Channel in OASIS for the class registration opening date.
- You are enrolled into the Fully Online attendance mode of the unit. You are not required to class register for Fully Online units.
- Your desired class choice is clashing with a class you have already registered for. You may need to Swap Classes.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with class registration, please contact Curtin Connect
for further assistance.
No, you are not required to class register and create a class timetable if you are enrolled into the Fully Online attendance mode of a unit.
You can view the attendance mode
of your currently enrolled units under the My Enrolment
tab in eStudent
You can check you have completed your class registration by following the steps below:
2. Select the eStudent tile
3. Select the My Classes tab
4. Make sure 'Class registration for' is set to the study period you wish to check
5. Look under the heading 'Registration Status.' This column will tell you if you have registered for the required classes within that unit. For example, a tick followed by the text 'All classes registered' indicates your have completed your registration for all classes within that unit.
Note: If you experience a timetable clash that involves a lecture, you may leave the lecture unregistered. Lectures will be recorded for later viewing. An unregistered lecture will be reflected in the 'Registration Status' column. However, you may ignore the message in this instance.