When you enrol in your units in eStudent you may also need to register for classes such as lectures and tutorials.
If you are new to your course you will be guided through this process as you progress through EnrolNow.
If you are studying online or externally you will not need to register for classes.
The information provided below will give you an idea of what you can expect or guide you if you experience any problems with your class registration.
Follow the steps below to register for your classes. Please note, before you can register into any classes you first need to be enrolled into your units. Please complete your enrolment within the 'My Enrolment' tab within eStudent.
You can only register into classes if you are enrolled 'internally', that is you are not required to class register if you are enrolled into your units as an online student.
- Navigate to My Classes within eStudent to commence your class registration.
- You will be provided with a grid containing your enrolled units. In some instances, you will already be registered into classes where there are no further options (ie: a lecture).
- If you see a cross, exclamation or a half filled hour glass it means that you are required to complete further registrations. Click on one of your units and read the information at the top, it will advise you if you are required to register into a laboratory (or two) or a tutorial.
- To register into an available class, click register, then save.
- If you wish to amend a registration, click change and eStudent will only allow you to do so if there are places available in that class.
- Check to see that you have a tick against each of your enrolled classes with the words 'All Class Registered'.
Where to get further help
You may not be able to class register due to a number of reasons.
- You are enrolled in the unit
- Your Official Communications (OC) via OASIS when the class registration system opens.
- Your attendance mode - online or internal. If you are studying online units you do not need to register in classes.
- If you have a timetable clash. You may need to Swap Classes.
- If you are enrolled in the correct semester.
- If your unit has streamed classes as this may affect the registration process.
- If all the classes are full: Click the 'View Full Classes' on the My Classes tab.