Printing on campus
Once you have sent a job to print, you can collect your print job from any printer across the campus. It must be printed within 48 hours.
All printers on campus can print in both Colour and Black & White.
Register your ID card
Forgot your card? You can enter your OASIS log in details on the printer to print/scan/copy your documents.
Cost of Copy and Printing
The cost of copying and printing on campus can be found here.
Cash top up facilities have been retired, and you will only be able to top up your print account online.
HDR students who previously had cost centers associated to their print accounts, are required to contact their school for alternative arrangements.
No refunds are given on unused credits. Credit remains active for 365 days after last transaction.
How to print
- Select print in the menu of the application you are using.
- Select the ‘Black’ or ‘Colour’ printer option.
- Adjust printing settings where required (duplex/single sided/stapling etc.).
- Click print and wait for the YSoft SafeQ print pop up to confirm your document has been sent to the printer.
Students are able to send their documents to print using their email accounts. See the guide for instructions on how to do this.
Documents not printing?
There are many reasons why a document may fail to print, but the most common reasons are:
- Length of the file name: Try to keep your file name under 50-characters when saving.
- Type of document: Although every attempt has been made to support most popular file formats (e.g. email messages, word, excel, PowerPoint, pdf and image files (jpeg and tiff), we cannot guarantee all document types will be supported.
Guest printing is available on all Library computers. If you are experiencing issues, visit one of the IT help desks for assistance.
Copying on Campus
Most printers on campus have the ability to photocopy your documents.
Scanning on Campus
You can scan documents directly to their email or send to your own personal email. Just select the option when you log into the printer.
Documents not scanning?
Documents over 20MB may be too large for email. If the file is too large, adjust your scan settings to Compact PDF prior to scanning. Alternatively complete the scans in separate files and merge them using Adobe Acrobat Reader.