Alerts and reminders
When you’re busy, it’s easy to forget important information and due dates. Sometimes missing this information can have serious consequences (for example, the cancellation of your enrolment or incurring late fees), so OASIS provides students with alerts and reminders to try to prevent this from happening.
Both alerts and reminders appear on the Welcome tab and are automatically triggered and personalised based on your enrolment. You will never receive an alert or reminder that’s not relevant to you. Alerts are for serious issues that require your action – such as paying your tuition fees or notification of sanctions. Reminders are still personalised, but don’t necessarily require your action.
Reminders include notification of the key administration dates and results release. Unlike an alert, a reminder can be closed. An alert will remain on your OASIS screen until action is taken, when it will then be automatically removed. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours for the alert to go away.
What kind of alerts are there?
- Confirm your contact details – this alert appears twice a year to ensure you have provided your contact details to the university and they remain up to date. This alert ensures we aren’t sending information to the wrong house, or trying to call you on the wrong number, with frequent updates and confirmation of your details. If you don’t confirm your contact details within the specified time period your access to OASIS will be blocked until the details have been confirmed. Learn more about changing your details.
- eInvoicing – this alert appears when you have an invoice available on eStudent, and tells you how to download the invoice for payment. Learn how to download and read your eInvoice.
- Intention to Cancel – this alert appears when a sanction is placed against your record due to unpaid tuition fees. Curtin will be obliged to cancel your enrolment if you do not attempt to resolve these issues, or if your account is not put in order in a timely manner. An Official Communication will also be sent to you, informing you of how to avoid the cancellation.
- Losing access to your OASIS – this alert appears when you withdraw from or terminate your course, go Absent Without Official Leave, or your academic offer is about to end. It notifies you that you have a limited amount of time to either change this fact, or collect any important information you might need before the access is cancelled.
- No TFN – this alert appears (for Commonwealth Supported students only) if you have not provided a valid tax file number (TFN) or paid your fees in full, a week before the due date. If you do not take appropriate action before the census date, you run the risk of losing your enrolment. What is a tax file number (TFN) and how do I get one?
What if I don’t understand my alert?
Each alert will give some idea of what you need to do or who you should contact for more information. If ever you need help or more information, contact Curtin Connect.