You can view and update your contact details within eStudent. The sections below explain how you can update your information and set your preferred contact details.
In this section you will find the address details the university has recorded for you. There are many address types that you can enter and each type has specific guidelines that need to be followed.
- add a new address by selecting Add New
- change an existing address by selecting Change mailing address next to the relevant address
- set a preferred mailing address by selecting Set this mailing address as preferred next to the relevant address
- copy an existing address to another type by selecting Copy mailing address next to the relevant address
Only one address can be added for each address type.
If entering an Australian address you will need to verify your address against valid Australia Post addresses. To do this, in the edit screen:
- Fill in your address details
- Click Continue.
- Choose the correct address out of the list of valid options displayed, then click If your address does not show in the list, you may need to edit your search and try again. If you have refined your search and are still unable to find the address, you are looking for you can request an address change via email.
When editing an address you can also:
- choose to copy that address to other address types
- set address as a preferred mailing address.
If you are entering a non-Australian address you should only use standard English characters. Symbols or characters from other alphabets may not be compatible with some systems.
Guidelines for address types
- Contact – your main contact address.
- International students on a student visa, it is a condition of your student visa to update your contact information to an Australian address within seven days of arriving in Australia and within seven days of any change in address.
- Australian citizens and permanent residents must have an Australian address unless enrolled externally.
- Offshore students must have an address outside Australia.
- Permanent – your permanent home address which must be a physical location, post office boxes are not permitted.
- International onshore and offshore student must have an address outside Australia.
- Australian citizens and permanent residents must have an Australian address.
- Guardian – address for your parent or guardian. For international students under 18 this can only be updated by contacting the International Office. You will also need to provide a name and phone number in the other My Other Contacts section.
- Next of Kin – address of closest living relative of student for next of kin notification purposes only. You will also need to provide a name and phone number in the other My Other Contacts section.
- Offshore Program – details the Student Services responsible for coordinating student enrolments at offshore Partner locations. This is entered by Student Services staff only.
- Temporary Preferred – to record a preferred mailing address for a set time period to temporarily redirect correspondence.
Preferred mailing address
Your preferred mailing is indicated in the Preferred column on the contact details page. This is the address the university will send your mail to unless a temporary preferred address is entered.
In this section you will find the phone details the university has recorded for you, including fax, home, work and mobile numbers.
- Add a new number by selecting Add New
- Delete an existing number by selecting Delete phone number next to the relevant number
- Change an existing number by selecting Change phone number next to the relevant number.
Only one number can be added for each type – home, work, mobile, fax.
You can also:
- Add a comment, such as when is the best contact time
- Mark one of the numbers as your preferred contact for voicemails.
When you have entered all the necessary details, select Save. If the update is successful a green success message will be displayed. Then select Back to return to the contact details page.
Your Curtin provided email address should be used for your communication with the university. This email address cannot be changed or deleted. Some areas of the university will not correspond with you if you do not use your Curtin provided email address.
- Add a student provided email by selecting Add New
- Delete your existing address by selecting Delete email address next to the email
- Change an existing address by selecting Change email address next to the email.
Once you have entered your email click Save and a green success message will confirm your details have been updated. Then select Cancel to return to the contact details page.
An additional email may be useful if you are unable to access your OASIS account for any reason.
In this section you can add contact details for:
- Emergency contact
- Next of kin
- Nominated contact
You can choose Add New to add an additional contact or you can choose Change contact details to edit an existing contact.
You will need to provide your contacts name, relationship to you and contact phone numbers.
For your next of kin and guardian you will also need to include an address. If you have already provided the address it will be pre-populated. Alternatively if you enter it here it will be updated within your list of addresses. Refer to address details for more information.
If an attempt to contact you, on one of the contact details, fails (such as receiving mail marked ‘Return to sender’ or being informed that a contact number is disconnected), a note will be added to your student record to advise both you and the university that the contact is incorrect.
This will also be reflected in your eStudent contact details, with an exclamation mark icon to identify which contact detail has been marked as invalid.
After you update your details, the invalid details notification will be removed within twenty-four hours.