Tuition fees

You will need to pay tuition fees for each unit you undertake at Curtin. The amount you pay will depend on the course you are studying, the units you enrol in and whether you’re a domestic or international student.

Am I a domestic or international student?

At Curtin University, you will pay domestic student fees if you are:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian permanent resident
  • A New Zealand citizen
  • An Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder

If you are not one of the above, you will pay international student fees.

Estimating your fees

If you haven’t enrolled in a course or units but want to know how much it may cost to study at Curtin, you can find your course to estimate your tuition fees, or use the published fees documents in the accordions below.

All fees quoted are estimated only. Your total tuition will be confirmed once your enrolment is complete. Course fees on the Courses website are indicative based on a full time study load of 100 credits (four units) per semester.

Estimated domestic student fees

As a domestic student, the fees you pay will depend on your enrolment. The types of enrolment offered at Curtin are outlined below, along with lists of estimated unit prices:

Commonwealth supported place

If you are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP). Being enrolled in a CSP means that part of your tuition is subsidised by the Australian government so you pay a lower fee.

If you are an eligible student enrolled in an undergraduate course, you will automatically be offered a CSP. Curtin also offers CSPs for a small number of postgraduate courses.

You can find out more about eligibility requirements, offers and confirming your CSP on Commonwealth supported Places and HELP loans.

2022 Commonwealth Supported Student Contribution Amounts by funding clusters

Professional Pathway Psychology Courses 
Course CodeCourse Name
B-PSYCHRMBachelor of Science (Psychology and Human Resource Management)
BB-PSYHRM Bachelor of Science (Psychology), Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations)
BB-PSYMKT Bachelor of Science (Psychology), Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
B-PSYCH Bachelor of Psychology
BB-LAWPSY Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
Professional Pathway Social Work Courses 
Course CodeCourse Name
B-SCWKBachelor of Social Work
MG-SCWKMaster of Social Work (Qualifying)

Below is a full list of the published CSP tuition fees for 2021:
Post 2020 (commenced study on or after 1 January 2021)

Pre 2021 (commenced study Pre-2021)

Domestic full fee paying place

A domestic full fee paying place is a place that is not subsidised by the Australian government. If you are enrolled as a domestic full fee paying student, you must pay the full cost of your course.

You may be eligible to use a FEE-HELP loan to pay your fees, if you meet the relevant criteria. You can find more information about FEE-HELP loan criteria on Commonwealth supported Places and HELP loans.

Below are the published domestic full fee paying tuition fees for 2021:

Contribution exempt place

If you are undertaking a foundation, enabling or bridging course in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), you do not pay a student contribution amount, provided you are:

  • An Australian citizen, who will live and study in Australia for at least part of your course; or
  • An Australian permanent resident, who will live and study in Australia for the duration of your course; or
  • A New Zealand citizen, who will live and study in Australia for the duration of your course

If you are enrolled in a contribution exempt place, your fees are paid to Curtin by the Australian government through the Commonwealth Grant Scheme.

Curtin currently offers contribution exempt places in the following courses:

  • EN-SCENHL – Enabling Course for Science, Engineering and Health
  • EN-ENGL – English Language Enabling Course for Domestic Students
  • EN-INDGTE – Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
  • EN-UNIRDY – UniReady Enabling Program
  • EN-GEHLTH – Health Sciences Graduate Entry Foundation Course

Below is a full list of contribution exempt units for 2020:


If you complete individual units at Curtin, rather than a full course leading to a recognised qualification, you will be enrolled as a not-for-degree student.

As a not-for-degree student you must pay your full fees upfront when you enrol. If you don’t pay your fees upfront, your enrolment will be cancelled.

Below are the published not-for-degree tuition fees for 2021:

Higher degree by research

If you are undertaking a research degree at Curtin, you may be eligible for a grant to assist with payment of your tuition fees, under the Research Training Program (RTP).

You can find more information about the RTP on Higher degree by research.

Estimated international student fees

In 2022, Curtin will be transitioning to course-based pricing.

As an international student, the fees you pay will depend on the course you are enrolled in. Your Letter of Offer will include an estimate of the fees for your full course. It will also provide an indicative price for your first semester, which you must pay upfront before you accept your offer and commence your studies.

The amount stated on your offer is indicative only and may vary depending on when you commence your studies and the exact units you undertake.

The cost of your individual units will depend on your enrolment. You can find lists of the estimated international student unit prices below.