Student services and amenities fee (SSAF)
The student services and amenities fee (SSAF) supports the provision of a wide range of non-academic services and amenities to all students. It is charged to most students in addition to their tuition fees.
Curtin uses the SSAF revenue to enhance the university experience and expand and improve our services and amenities. Please see our list of services and amenities for more information about the facilities offered at Curtin.
Your SSAF is automatically charged when you enrol in your units. You can find and pay your SSAF by generating your eInvoice in eStudent.
How is the SSAF calculated?
Your SSAF will be calculated based on:
- your enrolled credit points, or equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) for research students
- your location of study and study mode (e.g. internal or external)
You may calculate the estimated cost of your SSAF using the formulas below or the SSAF calculator.
SSAF Coursework 2019
|Location||% payable||Amount per credit||SSAF formula|
|Perth Campus||100%||$1.5150 ($303*/200 credit points X 1.0 )||$1.5150 X your enrolled credit points|
|Perth City and Kalgoorlie||100%||$1.5150 ( $303*/200 credit points X 1.0)||$1.5150 X your enrolled credit points|
|Education Centre||50%||$0.7575 ( $303*/200 credit points X 0.5)||$0.7575 X your enrolled credit points|
|External only||50%||$0.7575 ( $303*/200 credit points X 0.5)||$0.7575 X your enrolled credit points|
SSAF Research 2019
|Location / study mode||% payable||SSAF formula|
|Perth Campus||100%||EFTSL** X $303* X 100%|
|Perth City and Kalgoorlie||75%||EFTSL** X $303* X 75%|
|Education Centre||50%||EFTSL** X $303* X 50%|
|External only||50%||EFTSL** X $303* X 50%|
*The maximum SSAF you may be charged for 2019 is $303.
**Your EFTSL is calculated based on your study rate over the course of one year. If you are undertaking research full time, you will use 1.0 EFTSL for the year. Your EFTSL will reduce if you study part time, typically to 0.5. Please see the list of credit values and EFTSL for further values.
The below students are currently exempt from paying the SSAF in 2019:
- International students
- Domestic students serving sentences in prison in an Australian state or territory
- Students completing VET sector courses
- Students enrolled in:
- Formal study exchange programs
- Study abroad programs
- Cross-institutional courses
- Students studying at any campus outside of Australia
- Students studying Open Universities Australia open access (not for degree or direct entry) units or courses
- Students enrolled in select enabling or bridging courses