Refund and remission of fees

You may be eligible to apply for a refund or remission of your fees, if you have experienced an adverse and unexpected event that has had a significant impact on your studies after the census date of a particular study period.

You will need to demonstrate that these circumstances satisfy all of these requirements. They:

  • Were beyond your control
  • Did not make their full impact known until on or after the census date
  • Made it impracticable for you to complete the requirements of the unit in the period during which you undertook, or were to undertake, the units.

You must provide independent supporting documentation to demonstrate your special circumstances.

The financial penalty will be removed if your application is approved. That is, you will be eligible for a refund and/or remission of debt. A unit withdrawal (which is recorded as a ‘WD’ on your academic record) may be applied unless the following occurs:

  • Reported breach of academic integrity in accordance to the Academic Misconduct Rules 2017; and
  • Academic penalty is applied and the unit is recorded with a reduced, Annulled (ANN) or Fail (F) grade on your academic record.

If there is a reported breach of academic integrity or unsatisfactory academic performance, your application for refund or remission of fees will be placed on hold until an outcome is received. Any academic penalties applied will be upheld and the unit will not be withdrawn.

Apply for a refund or remission of fees

There are many reasons you may need to request a refund or remission of fees. This form will walk you through the information and steps you need to successfully complete an application.