Refund and remission of fees
Refund of tuition fees
If you have available credit on your student account and wish to have it refunded, you may apply for a refund.
Refund or remission of fees due to special circumstances
You can apply for a refund or remission of fees if you have experienced an adverse and unexpected event that has had a significant impact on your studies after the census date of a particular study period.
To apply you must be able to provide evidence that the circumstances:
- Were beyond your control
- Did not make their full impact known until on or after the census date
- Affected you to the extent that you were unable to complete the requirements of the unit.
If your application is approved:
- Your financial penalty will be removed
- You will be eligible for a refund or remission of debt
- A unit withdrawal (WD on your academic record) may be applied.
Apply for a refund or remission of fees
There are many reasons you may need to request a refund or remission of fees. This form will walk you through the information and steps you need to successfully complete an application.