Course fees

The amount that you pay for your tuition fees will depend on whether you are a domestic or international student, and the degree or units you enrol in.

For the purpose of fee liability at Curtin University, domestic students are:

  • Australian or New Zealand citizens
  • Australian permanent residents
  • holders of Australian permanent humanitarian visas

All other students will be liable for international student fees.

Estimating your fees

Before you enrol in units and receive your eInvoice, there are ways you can estimate tuition fees:

  • Fee calculator – a quick and easy way to calculate your fees using an online calculator
  • Course information – search for your course to find an estimate of how much a course may cost for domestic and international students for the upcoming year

Your total tuition fee is not confirmed until your enrolment is complete. Indicative course fees are based on a normal full-time workload of 100 credits per semester.

Domestic student fees

The amount that you pay for your fees can vary depending upon the course and unit you are enrolled in and which payment category you are in.  The categories are defined as:

Commonwealth supported place

All Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or permanent visa holders studying an undergraduate degree who meet the eligibility requirements are awarded a Commonwealth supported place (CSP). Being enrolled in a CSP means that your course is subsidised by the Australian Government and you will only be liable for a student contribution amount.

Prior to receiving your eInvoice, you can calculate your approximate course or unit fees as a Commonwealth supported student with the fee calculator. Alternatively you can view the published student contribution amounts below.

Published student contribution amounts for 2019

Published student contribution amounts for 2018

Full fee-paying place

A fee-paying place is one for which the university does not receive any government funding. As such, students enrolled in these courses are required to pay the full cost of their course. Eligible students may apply for FEE-HELP which is explained under Government assistance.

Fee paying student contributions

Prior to receiving your eInvoice, you can calculate your approximate course or unit fees as a domestic student in a Fee Paying place with the Fee Calculator. Alternatively you can view the published domestic fee paying student tuition fee amounts:

Contribution exempt courses

Students undertaking foundation, enabling and bridging courses in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) do not pay a student contribution amount. Providers are paid an enabling amount through the Commonwealth Grant Scheme for the cost of providing places in enabling courses.

To be eligible for a contribution exempt place you must be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place and be either:

  • an Australian citizen who will undertake in Australia at least one unit of study contributing to your course of study
  • a New Zealand citizen who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your course of study
  • a Permanent Resident who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your course of study

Courses that may offer contribution exempt places are:

  • EN-SCENHL – Enabling Course for Science, Engineering and Health
  • EN-ENGL – English Language Enabling Course for Domestic Students
  • EN-INDGTE – Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
  • EN-UNIRDY – UniReady Enabling Program
  • EN-GEHLTH – Health Sciences Graduate Entry Foundation Course

Not-for-degree students

Not-for-degree (NFD) units are offered as individual units which do not normally lead to a recognised qualification.

As a not-for-degree student you are required to pay your fees up front upon enrolment.

Failure to do this may result in the cancellation of your enrolment.

International student fees

As an International student studying at Curtin University, you are required to pay your first semester tuition fees before entering Australia. The amount required depends on your enrolled course and will be stated on your Letter of Offer. This amount is an estimate only and may change depending on the units in which you enrol.

For subsequent semesters, you will need to make payment by the due date shown on your eInvoice.