Fees and charges
At Curtin you will be liable for all fees related to your study. The types of fees that may be charged are listed below and further information is available on the relevant pages.
- Course fees – your course fees include your tuition fees for all the units that you are enrolled in. Each course and unit will have a set fee student contribution amount.
- Student services and amenities fee (SSAF) – the student services and amenities fee (SSAF) supports the provision of a wide range of non-academic services and amenities to all students at the University.
- Fines, debts and sanctions – fines, debts and sanctions can be incurred for a variety of reasons. Examples include non-payment of material fees, having outstanding items at the library and breaching exam regulations.
- Late fees – if you miss a deadline you may be charged a late fee.
- Document fees – the list of document fees includes information about charges for official documents, letters, copies and replacement ID cards.
- Special processing and service fees – this page has a listing of fees for services such as rectification of your student record or reinstatement after cancellation of your enrolment.
- Printing and photocopying fees – these are maximum rates able to be charged by University areas including the Library, ABACUS Labs and faculties or schools.
- Incidental fees – these fees are specific to your course and are charged in addition to your tuition fees. For example, if your study involves using a laboratory, you may need a lab coat and safety glasses. Incidental fees are set by your relevant faculty. For more information see the incidental fee list – 2018[.pdf] or incidental fee list – 2019[.pdf].
- Books – each course has specific textbooks that are required for study. Visit the Co-op bookshop website for prices.
- Parking – students who wish to park their car on campus are required to pay for their parking. For more information, visit the Parking and Traffic website.