Kalgoorlie campus accommodation
Agricola is Curtin’s student accommodation at our Kalgoorlie campus. Agricola offers high quality accommodation and recreational facilities at reasonable prices. At Agricola you’ll be able to meet other students from around the world and make friends while you’re studying.
Agricola is gated and located a few minutes’ walk to Curtin Kalgoorlie and Kalgoorlie’s central precinct. Within the grounds there’s a gym, a tennis court, a squash court, barbecue areas, study rooms and a laundry, which are all free for you to use. You can park at Agricola for free if there are available bays.
Accommodation options and fees
At Agricola there are three types of accommodation:
- 6-bedroom self-contained units located on Wilson Street: $190 per week
- 4-bedroom self-contained units located on Hanbury Street: $175 per week
- 8-bedroom self-contained house located on Cheetham Street: $180 per week.
Your weekly rent includes water, gas and electricity.
Each bedroom is single occupancy, and has a king single bed with mattress, a study desk and chair, and air conditioning. Each unit/house has the following facilities:
- Air conditioning
- Lounge with sofas and a smart TV
- Kitchen with dining table and chairs, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven and induction stove
- Vacuum cleaner
- Free wi-fi for Curtin and Eduroam students.
You will also be required to pay an activity fee and a facility fee per semester:
- Activity fee: $125 per person, per semester
- Facility fee: $75 per person, per semester.
How to apply
You can apply at any time, even before you’re confirmed as a student. Places are limited, so we recommend that you:
- Submit an application online as soon as possible.
- Retain a copy for your own records.
- Read the Letter of Offer carefully, as there are deadlines regarding acceptance and payment fees.
Your offer may expire if you do not respond by the deadline and your room will be allocated to the next student.
Contract dates for 2020
- Semester one: 10 February to 29 June
- Semester two: 13 July to 30 November
- Full academic year: 10 February to 30 November.
Kalgoorlie is 650 kilometres east of Perth in the heart of Western Australia’s gold industry. From Perth, most students travel to Kalgoorlie by train (The Prospector) as it is considerably cheaper than travelling by air. It takes one hour to fly to Kalgoorlie from Perth and around seven hours by train. Students driving to Kalgoorlie should plan on it taking at least six hours from Perth. Trains leave daily from the East Perth Rail Terminal.
Once you’ve confirmed your travel details, contact Agricola staff at Agricola@curtin.edu.au to arrange your check in.
When you arrive in Kalgoorlie, go to the Agricola office located at 61 Wilson Street.
Agricola staff can also help you explore alternative accommodation options. For further help and advice email our friendly team on Agricola@curtin.edu.au.