Kalgoorlie Campus accommodation
Agricola Residential College is Curtin’s accommodation for students studying at our Kalgoorlie Campus, the Western Australian School of Mines. Agricola provides high quality accommodation and recreational facilities at reasonable prices. At Agricola you’ll be able to meet other students from around the world and make friends while you’re studying.
About the college
Agricola is a gated college located a few minutes’ walk to the Kalgoorlie Campus and Kalgoorlie’s central precinct. Within the grounds there’s a gym, a tennis court, a squash court, barbecue areas, study rooms and a laundry, which are all free for you to use. You can park at Agricola for free if there are available bays.
About the units
You have three options:
- 6-bedroom self-contained units located on Wilson Street: $185 per week
- 4-bedroom self-contained units located on Hanbury Street: $170 per week
- 8-bedroom self-contained house located on Cheetham Street: $175 per week
Your rent includes water, gas and electricity.
Each unit/house has:
- Air conditioning
- Lounge with sofas and a smart TV
- Kitchen with dining table and chairs, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven and induction stove
- Vacuum cleaner
- Free wifi for Curtin and Eduroam students
Each bedroom is single occupancy, and has a king single bed with mattress, a study desk and chair, and air conditioning.
How to apply
You can apply at any time, even before you’re confirmed as a student. Places are limited, so we recommend that you:
- Submit an application online as soon as possible.
- Retain a copy for your own records.
- Read the Letter of Offer carefully, as there are deadlines regarding acceptance and payment fees.
Your offer may expire if you do not respond by the deadline and your room will be allocated to the next student.
Contract dates for 2019
One period: 11 February to 1 July
Two periods: 11 February to 2 December
Second period only: 15 July to 2 December
Kalgoorlie is 650 kilometres east of Perth in the heart of Western Australia’s gold industry. From Perth, most students travel to Kalgoorlie by train (The Prospector) as it is considerably cheaper than travelling by air. It takes one hour to fly to Kalgoorlie from Perth and around seven hours by train. Students driving to Kalgoorlie should plan on it taking at least six hours from Perth. Trains leave daily from the East Perth Rail Terminal.
Once you’ve confirmed your travel details, contact Agricola staff at Agricola@curtin.edu.au to arrange your check in.
When you arrive in Kalgoorlie, go to the Agricola College office located at 61 Wilson Street.