Skip to content
Curtin University
Current Students

Appeal against Assessment


Any student dissatisfied with the mark awarded for an assessment task or the final result for a unit because they feel the mark or result is unfair or incorrect, may request a review of the mark or final result and if still dissatisfied, may lodge a formal assessment appeal.

In all cases, the process involves an initial review by either the lecturer, marker or Unit Controller and if still dissatisfied, a formal appeal.

It is expected that most situations will be able to be resolved without the need for a formal appeal.


The process is located in the Assessment Appeals section of the University Assessment and Student Progression Manual.

Curtin Students