Skip to content
Curtin University
Current Students


Students have a right of appeal against academic or administrative decisions affecting them.

Remember that disputes can frequently be resolved without going to a formal appeal. Before using a formal appeal procedure, students should discuss any disputed decision with the appropriate head of school or area.

A student may seek assistance and advice from the University Counselling Services or the Student Guild in preparing an appeal.

International Student Conciliator

The Department of Education Services offers a free mediation/conciliation service: the International education conciliation service. The Service attempts to resolve disputes between international students and institutions, as part of the institution's internal complaints and appeals procedure. Students or staff can contact the Conciliator by telephone on +61 8 9441 1900 or by email at

If you are a higher degree by research student, please refer to the following policies for relevant information:


If a student considers that they have been unfairly or improperly treated in the appeals process, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the Integrity and Standards Unit.

More information on lodging a complaint can be accessed via the links below:

Curtin Students