There are many sources of advice and support available if you’re dealing with issues of a financial nature. These issues may range from needing to look for a job or a scholarship to assist with tuition expenses, to obtaining information on housing and transport.
In the list below you can find services that may be able to give finance related information or assistance relevant to your situation.
The links are provided for reference only and not as an indication of endorsement by Curtin.
You need to consider the suitability of each resource for your specific circumstances.
Financial assistance at Curtin
- Fee payment assistance about Australian Government assistance schemes
- Curtin Student Guild student assist
- Curtin emergency student loans
- Curtin Student Guild emergency relief
- Curtin scholarships
Managing your money
- AnglicareWA financial counselling
- Department of Human Services – Centrelink
- MoneySmart consumer advice from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Mozo Student Banking provides student banking guides and tools such as budget and savings calculators and bank account comparisons.
Government financial assistance
- Centrelink payment and service finder
- StudyAssist information for students about Government assistance for financing tertiary study
- Department of Human Services crisis and special help
- AnglicareWA housing and homelessness
- Curtin University housing services
- Department of Communities
- Real Estate Institute of WA (REIWA)
- FuelWatch for finding the cheapest fuel available
- Transperth Tertiary SmartRider for concessions on public transport.
Employment and work experience
If you are looking for work while you are studying you can access the following services to help you find employment or work experience: