Scholarships for research students
Various scholarships may be available to provide you with financial assistance during your higher degree by research. They can provide a living stipend or a tuition fee offset, or a combination of both.
The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is a pool of funding to support students undertaking research doctorate and research masters degrees. It’s administered by individual Australian universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training.
If you’re an RTP Scholarship applicant or recipient, you must familiarise yourself with the information surrounding the RTP processes and conditions, available at the Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship Procedures.
You can also learn more about the RTP Scholarship Policy.
The Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance offers students the opportunity to undertake an international collaborative PhD in projects across a broad range of focus areas including energy and engineering, health and medicine, and business. View projects and find out how to apply.
If you’ve already been awarded a scholarship, you can view the terms and conditions.
- Application for Scholarship Extension [.pdf – 203kB]
- Curriculum Vitae Template [.pdf – 132kB] (No. 2 – submitted as part of an Application for Admission)
- Overseas Travel Data Collection Form [.pdf – 115kB]
- Payment Starting Advice form [.pdf – 63kB]
- Primary Supervisor Referee Report [.pdf – 142kB] (for competitive scholarship applications)
- Supplementary Referee Report [.pdf – 321kB] (for competitive scholarship applications)
- 2019 Competitive HDR Scholarship Application Form [.pdf – 215kB]