Student services and amenities fee
The student services and amenities fee (SSAF) supports the provision of a wide range of non-academic services and amenities to all students. Curtin uses the SSAF revenue to enhance the university experience, and to expand and improve services and amenities.
Find out more about the amenities and facilities that are provided.
SSAF is automatically charged when you enrol in your units. You will need to generate your eInvoice to view your SSAF and make a payment.
The SSAF is calculated based on your:
- enrolled credit points, or equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) for research students
- your location of study and study mode (e.g. internal or external).
The tables below can be used to determine your approximate SSAF amount.
Coursework – amount payable for 2018
|Location||%||Amount per credit||SSAF charge formula|
|Bentley||100%||$1.4900 ( $298*/200 credit points *100% )||$1.4900 X enrolled credit points|
|Perth CBD and Kalgoorlie||75%||$1.1175 ( $298*/200 credit points *75% )||$1.1175 X enrolled credit points|
|Education Centre||25%||$0.3725 ( $298*/200 credit points *25% )||$0.3725 X enrolled credit points|
|External only||25%||$0.3725 ( $298*/200 credit points *25% )||$0.3725 X enrolled credit points|
* The maximum SSAF charge is $298 in 2018.
Higher degree by research – amount payable for 2018
|Location /study mode||%||SSAF charge formula|
|Bentley||100%||EFTSL X $298 X 100%|
|Perth CBD and Kalgoorlie||75%||EFTSL X $298 X 75%|
|Education Centre||25%||EFTSL X $298 X 25%|
|External only||25%||EFTSL X $298 X 25%|
The following categories of students are exempt from paying the student services and amenities fee in 2018:
- international students
- domestic students serving sentences in a prison in a state or territory of Australia
- VET sector courses
- enrolments that are part of:
- formal study exchange program
- study abroad program
- cross-institutional course
- any campus outside Western Australia
- Northam Campus
- Open Universities Australia courses (other than Commonwealth supported places)
- students enrolled in enabling and bridging courses exempted from student services and amenities fee (SSAF)
- 304025 Aboriginal Bridging Course
- 310748 / 315049 / EN-SCENHL Enabling Course for Science, Engineering and Health
- 314045 / EN-ENGL English Language Enabling Course for Domestic Students
- 313696 / EN-GEHLTH Health Sciences Graduate Entry Foundation Course
- 304029 / EN-INDGTE Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- 312161 / EN-UNIRDY UniReady Enabling Program.