Japan House provides accommodation for 24 postgraduate or Japanese language students. Located in Kurrajong Village, our fully furnished complex has been designed to immerse students in a Japanese atmosphere.
About the complex
Japan House allows you to experience a slice of Japanese living on our Bentley Campus. Priority is given to those studying Japanese language and culture as well as postgraduate and mature age students. There are just 24 fully furnished rooms in the complex. As a resident, you will enjoy a private room with an ensuite bathroom while sharing a large common cooking and living area. There’s also free wifi for Curtin and Eduroam students.
It’s a short walk to the Waterford Plaza shopping centre and public transport, and you can park at Japan House for free if there are available bays.
Living on campus means that as well as having a vibrant social life, you’ll have access to our on-campus services and facilities, plus you’re invited to enjoy some friendly sporting competitions with other on-campus residences.
You’ll also enjoy Kurrajong Village’s features, which include:
- Common area with couches, bean bags, tables and a small library.
- Games room with pool tables, table tennis tables, a piano, foosball tables, a television and a kitchenette.
- Gardens with a large barbecue area, outdoor exercise equipment, a beach volleyball court, a mini golf course, a giant chess set and a herb garden.
About the bedrooms
Each bedroom has:
- A single Japanese-style bed and mattress
- Ensuite (own bathroom)
- One study desk, ergonomic chair and desk lamp
- One heater, fan and wardrobe
- A computer network connection port
Your rent includes water, gas and electricity.
See the facilities at Kurrajong Village below, and select ‘Japan House Standard’ to view the rooms and facilities at Japan House.
Eligibility and prices
Keen to move into Japan House? If so, find out:
How to apply
After you’ve registered in our housing portal, you can apply to live at Japan House.