Identity (ID) card
- What is the Curtin University Identification (ID) Card?
- How do I get one?
- Acceptable forms of identification to obtain a Curtin University Identification (ID) Card
- How much will it cost?
- Is my photo used for anything else?
Your ID card identifies you as a member of the Curtin community and enables you to access certain buildings and services on Campus. It contains your photo and personal details.
You must have a card to:
- Enter the majority of buildings and labs on campus
- Attend University examinations
- Identify who you are
- Access Library Borrowing Services
- Obtain a "Student 20XX" sticker
- Obtain the Curtin Guild membership sticker
Below is an example of a Curtin ID card.
Order your Student ID Card online and collect in person from the Student Service Centre.
Once you have completed your enrolment online you will need to order your ID Card online.
To order your ID Card online please login to OASIS, click the 'Campus Life & Guild' tab and click on the 'Order your student ID Card' icon under important links. Submit your own photograph, all photographs must meet the following criteria to be accepted:
- Plain, light-coloured background (e.g. white, cream)
- Appropriate brightness and contrast
- Consistent lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Clear and sharply focused image
- Photo of head and shoulders only
- Your face must be looking straight at the camera, not tilted sideways or up or down
- Your face must be centred and the top and edges of your head visible
- Not show any shadows or 'red eye'
- Have no ink or other marks on photo
- The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering.
If you wear a head covering for religious reasons we are happy to accommodate your photo at Student Service Centre.
You can collect your ID Card from the 'pre-ordered ID Card' service at the Student Service Centre, building 101, level 1. You will need to bring acceptable forms of identification so that the Student Service Officer can verify your identity.
If your personal circumstances prevent your from utilising this online service please contact the Student Service Centre on +61 1300 222 888 or email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
Please contact the Curtin campus you are studying at for information on how to obtain a Curtin University Identification (ID) Card.
If you are unable to attend the campus to attain your card, you can post in an Application for Student ID card - External students form available on the Current Students forms page.
- Australian Driver’s License
- National Identity card
If you do not have any of the above forms of documentation you must provide 2 forms of secondary documentation from the list below:
- Medicare card
- Bank card (credit/debit or EFTPOS)
- Birth certificate/extract
- Marriage certificate
- Payment summary/group certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- ID Card issued by another educational institution
- Health Care, Social Security or Pension card
- Public Service employee ID card
- Other licence issued under Australian Law (e.g. Boat, Pilot)
- Private Health Insurance card (e.g. Medibank Private, HBF)
- Divorce Decree
- Utilities bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas)
Your first card is free!
If your card is lost you will be charged a replacement fee. Please see the Fees website for current pricing information.
Replacement ID Cards can also be ordered online via OASIS.
If your card is damaged you will need to bring the damaged card to Student Service Centre, Building 101 at Bentley Campus where the cause of damage will be determined. The replacement fee may be waivered depending on the cause of the damage.
If your card is stolen and you can provide a police report no fee will be charged for a replacement.
Your photo is stored on your record in the Gallagher Security database; and for students it is also stored in the student database.
Use of your photo is strictly controlled and will only be allowed for approved internal administrative purposes within the University.