Skip to content
Curtin University
Current Students

Refund and Remission of Fees

If you have experienced an adverse and unexpected event that has had a significant impact on your studies after the census date of a particular study period, you may be eligible to apply for a Refund or Remission of your Fees. In order for your application to be favourably considered, you will need to demonstrate that these circumstances:

Curtin University acknowledges that an approved application results in the removal of the financial penalty. That is, you will be eligible for a refund and/or remission of debt. A unit withdrawal (which is recorded as a 'WD' on you academic record) may be applied unless the following occurs:

Applications for Refund/Remission of Fees are placed on hold until an outcome is received on the reported unsatisfactory academic performance and/or breach of academic integrity. Academic penalties applied will be upheld and the unit will not be withdrawn.

To apply for Refund and Remission of Fees, please request a Refund or Remission of Fees with relevant supporting original documentation via the Fees Website.

The various census dates for the academic year can be found on the Academic Calendar page.