Official Student Documents
If you are a current student you have access to your enrolment and academic information through eStudent. To access these, head to the my studies tab in OASIS and click on the eStudent button. The Academic Record and Enrolment Advice available through eStudent will be suitable for most situations, including Centrelink requests.
If you require official notification of your results, enrolment, or course completion, the Student Service Centre can help. They can provide a number of official documents pertaining to your enrolment status and academic record at Curtin University, including your:
The official University record of a student's results printed on official University transcript paper.
A full complimentary Academic Transcript will be sent to all graduating students following the conferral of their degree by Council, which occurs in February and September each year. The conferral date and the award number will appear on the transcript from this date. Any transcript obtained prior to conferral will not contain this information.
A letter which states the course you were enrolled in and that you have met all competencies of that course printed on University letterhead. This letter can be produced at any time after the final result publication date for the final study period in which you were enrolled.
A letter which states the course you are enrolled in and the periods for which you are or were enrolled printed on University letterhead. The letter can include previous, current and future study periods, as long as you have an official enrolment during that time. The letter can be produced at any time.
For international student on student visas only; this is a document which represents your course of study, duration and associated tuition fees. It is issued to you by the University on behalf of the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations for the purpose of acquiring a student visa or visa extension.
This page provides information on how to:
- Obtain an Academic Transcript, Letter to Confirm Enrolment, and Letter of Course Completion
- Obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
If you would like to purchase one of these documents, you must submit an order via one of the following options:
Request your document online
- Log into OASIS;
- Click on the My Studies tab at the top of the OASIS desktop;
- Click on the "Official Document Requests (Academic transcripts, letters of course completion and letters to confirm enrolment)" link under the Quickforms channel;
- Follow the instructions to select your documents and make payment via credit card.
Request your document in person
- Come to the Student Service Centre at Student Central, Building 101 Level 2 between the hours 9:00am and 4:45pm Monday to Friday (credit card, EFTPOS, cash, cheque payments accepted).
If you would like to purchase one of these documents you must submit your order to the Student Service Centre in Student Central:
- Via telephone by contacting the Student Service Centre on (+61 8) 9266 3399 between the hours 8.30am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday (credit card payment accepted)
- In person by coming into the Student Service Centre at Student Central, Building 101 Level 2 between the hours 9.00am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday (credit card, EFTPOS, cash, cheque payments accepted).
In order to accept and process requests from students who were previously enrolled, we require information specific to you and your enrolment as can be seen below.
- Full Name (if different at time of study please provide both)
- Student Number (if known)
- Date of Birth
- Postal Address (if different at time of study please provide both)
- Course details relevant to your request
- Number of copies you require
- Contact telephone number (if inside Australia)
- Contact Email address (if outside Australia)
Please note that if you have a sanction or exclusion placed on your record you will be required to rectify it before we will provide you with your requested document.
In all other cases the Student Service Centre will provide the documents for all requests within 3 working days. Requests made in person will be completed immediately whilst you wait.
If you require a COE you can submit an enquiry to the Student Service Centre in Student Central. Please refer to the Student visa renewals information on the Visa/ Health Cover – Onshore international students.