Skip to content
Curtin University
Current Students

Changing your details

Changing your address

We require all students to provide up-to-date address details. This ensures we can contact you with important correspondence, such as your liability notice.

If you are an International Student with a student visa, Condition 8533 on your student visa requires you to notify Curtin of your Australian residential address within 7 days of arrival. Furthermore, while you are a student enrolled at the University you are required to notify the University of any changes to your address details within 7 days.

The easiest way to update your address details is through eStudent in OASIS. The process is as follows:

  1. Log into OASIS with your student ID and password
  2. Select the My Studies tab and click the link to eStudent
  3. Once in eStudent, click on My Contact Details, then My Address Details
  4. Select the address you would like to change using the radio buttons
  5. Now click on Change the selected Address
  6. Type in your new address details
  7. Now click Save at the bottom of the page
  8. A window called "ADDRESS DETAILS: Change Details Confirmation" will open to confirm the changes have been saved.

If your residential and postal addresses are different, or you have been granted an exemption to using OASIS, you can get your address details updated by contacting the Student Service Centre either in writing or by telephone on +61 1300 222 888; or by contacting your Student Services Office.

Changing your name

To change the name details we have for you we will require you to complete a Change of Personal Details Form, and provide original or certified copies of primary documentation (e.g. passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, deed poll). Please be aware that photocopies of certified copies are not acceptable.

You can download a Change of Personal Details Form, or they are available from your Student Services Office.

If you are a graduating students and need your award conferred in a new name or if your name is spelt incorrectly you will need to apply to have your name details changed prior to completion of your course. To do so after your award has been conferred will incur a fee.

For further information about changing your name details please direct your enquiry to the Student Service Centre or your Student Services Office.

Back to top