Census Dates - 2014
A Census date is the date at which an enrolment is considered to be final.
If you are in a Commonwealth supported place by each Census date you must either pay your student contribution in full or have provided your tax file number to us. If you fail to do these things, the University is obliged by law to cancel your enrolment.
If you are seeking Commonwealth assistance (i.e. HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, SA-HELP or OS-HELP) you must submit an eCAF (electronic Commonwealth assistance form) with a valid tax file number by each relevant Census date. Only one form needs to be submitted for each course. For further information please see What is an eCAF? on the Fees Centre website.
If you are a student, regardless of whether you are Commonwealth supported or not, any withdrawal you make after the study period Census date will incur an academic penalty (for example, a fail grade) and a financial penalty (for example, no refund of your student contribution or tuition fees).
|Study Period||Census Date|
|Semester 1||March 28, 2014|
|Semester 2||August 29, 2014|
|Semester 2A||October 3, 2014|
|Summer School||January 11, 2013|
|UniReady Summer School||January 18, 2013|
|Research Term 1||March 28, 2014|
|Research Term 2||August 29, 2014|
|Trimester 1||February 14, 2014|
|Trimester 1A||March 89, 2014|
|Trimester 2||June 6, 2014|
|Trimester 2A||August 8, 2014|
|Trimester 3||September 26, 2014|
|Trimester 3A||December 5, 2014|
|Quarter 1||January 24, 2014|
|Quarter 2||April 25, 2014|
|Quarter 3||July 25, 2014|
|Quarter 4||October 24, 2014|
|Short Study Periods|
|Study Period 1||January 17, 2014|
|Study Period 2||February 14, 2014|
|Study Period 3||March 14, 2014|
|Study Period 4||April 11, 2014|
|Study Period 5||May 16, 2014|
|Study Period 6||June 13, 2014|
|Study Period 7||July 11, 2014|
|Study Period 8||August 15, 2014|
|Study Period 9||September 12, 2014|
|Study Period 10||October 17, 2014|
|Study Period 10A||October 24, 2014|
|Study Period 11||November 14, 2014|
|Study Period 12||December 12, 2014|
|English Language Bridging (ELB)|
|ELB Semester 1||March 22, 2013|
|ELB Semester 2||August 9, 2013|
|ELB Summer Semester||November 8, 2013|
|ELB Intensive 1||May 3, 2013|
|ELB Intensive 2||September 20, 2013|
|ELB Summer Intensive||December 13, 2013|
Census Dates for Research Students
Census dates for a student undertaking a Masters or Doctoral thesis are set by the following rules. For most students this means the Census dates for their thesis in 2014 will be 28 March for the first half-year and 29 August for the second half-year.
- The standard Census date for study in the half-year period that extends from 1 January to 30 June will be the standard Semester 1 Census date
- The standard Census date for study in the half-year period that extends from 1 July to 31 December will be the standard Semester 2 Census date
- In the student's first half year of study, the Census date will be the later of
- the earliest date which is at least 20% of the time between the date the student commences study in the thesis and the end of the half-year period; and
- the standard Census date for the half year period.
- For all other half-years of study, the student's Census date will be the standard Census date for study in that half-year period.